Tuesday, December 30, 2008

MSN-06S Sinanju - Work Log 6 - Painting

Ok... gotta say this... I think I've outdone myself.

Or at least... this model has given me the opportunity to out-do myself. I painted the head last night and it looks SWEET. At least to me. I was really impressed with how it turned out but I think I'm going to change the scheme a bit to give Sinanju more of a pronounced 'face'. If anyone comes up with the same colour scheme that I have I will shocked. I'll take before and after pics so you can see the changes. I'm thinking now that I may just make forsake the decals in favour of hand painting. It's actually easier for me since I'm doing a lot of fine painting already. And that way I can stay consistent with the colours.

Also tried out an experiment on the Mono-eye lense. Painted with silver leaf and then clear green on top since I wanted the eye to show through... but the helmet sits down so low and it's hard to see anyways. I'm not going to mod the frame/armour at all so I'll think of what I can do. Maybe life silver leaf without the clear coat on top? That might make it catch the light more. I kinda like the green though.... Decisions! Also... cool feature about the mono-eye is that the direction changes automatically depending on which way you turn the head. Details like that make this kit really special.

Now here is another totally unrelated picture.

MSN-06S Sinanju's predecessor, MSN-04 Sazabi.

4 comments:

  1. hey wut color u gonna use

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Great blog, I've really enjoyed reading your writings.
    I've put a link up and written a couple of words about it on the Gundam Australia Forum (which I operate) here: http://www.evilcow.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1121&PID=7441#7441

    I found your blog through a post on Danny Choo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friend. I joined your forum and made a couple comments there. I appreciate your kind words. I didn't think anyone would notice the spelling because it is kind of a thing most people take for granted but I'm actually quite particular about it. Can't help it. English major :)

    ReplyDelete