Tuesday, May 20, 2008

MSN-06S Sinanju


msn06
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

My apologies for the recent lack of posting. Some of you know that I've recently celebrated a birthday that's somewhat of a milestone in my life. A lot of stuff has been going on. I spent a lot of time preparing the next couple of posts so you can expect them to come in quick succession for this U.C. 0096 series after this one. Preparing these double layout spreads takes a bit of time, as I have to scan them, crop and sometimes rotate, then place them together, then crop again, then change the image size and reduce the file size a bit. It takes time but I'm pleased with the end result. Especially when it's a work of art like this.

MSN-06S Sinanju

Return of the Red Comet. Scratch built from various different kits. MG Hi-Nu, Unicorn, Black Tri-Star Zaku v.2, and Gouf but most of it is from the Hi-Nu, particularly the frame. I like this suit because it looks like something made for an ace. It reminds me of the first Tallgeese in a way because it contains a certain "majesty" that other suits don't really have. That and the massive rifle. It looks strong. It looks fast. It looks like it's not a suit that'd be wasted on a B rank pilot. It was made for an ace and it commands respect. There will be no mass produced versions of this suit. I like how the Neo Zeon MS have designs that reflect the uniforms of the pilots with the more powerful suits having more detailed "embroidery" for lack of a better term. I'll be including some action poses of this suit but won't for the others. There were only action pose photos of this and the 4x Gat Unicorn in the magazine. I've never been a large fan of Zeon MS but if this one every gets a MG version made out of it, I'd definitely buy it. I'm not holding my breath though. There are so many things about this suit that I like that it'd hard to pin point what it is that I love about it. The subtle molding of the thrusters on the outer legs and skirt. The fuel tanks that are stark white on the red yet somehow don't distract from the design and seem to totally fit the frame a problem I've had with many MS that use fuel tanks. Particularly Hi-Nu. The suit seems to be a work of art, that blends function with design. A truly fearsome opponent. I know I'm probably in the minority but for once, I like the antagonists suit more than the protagonist in a U.C. series. Never been a fan of red MS as a lot of you know but I am quite fond of this suit. Naturally, like I think of most MS... I feel it would be better in black.

2 comments:

  1. Spot on about the fuel tank problems. I've never really liked the concept of having long exposed fuel tanks behind an MS and in fact I find the Hi-Nu's an eyesore. Yet the Sinanju's fuel tanks fit perfectly well and to be honest if it weren't there I'd would have thought of it as being backpack-heavy. The tanks just balance the design.

    Sinanju is definitely more badass than Unicorn. At the moment we know pretty much nothing about it's capabilities except that it has a big rifle and two beam sabres. Considering the fact that it is a prototype of the full psychoframe, I won't be surprised if it has a NT-D mode as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha seriously! Can you imagine what that would look like?! wow!

    ReplyDelete