Saturday, January 19, 2008

MG Gundam RX78-2 OYW


78-2
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam
Oh this is almost embarrassing. Look at this! This OYW RX78.2 looks way better than mine! Granted I didn't air brush mine or use any shadowing techniques... but it just goes to show you what a little more work, not to mention time and money, can achieve. I love how this artist used the original anime colours but did a bit of shadowing/weathering to give it that realistic look. Truly the work of a master. I hope to achieve this level of skill someday.

2 comments:

  1. Wow..nice!!

    I like what the guy done on this kit. I think he painted the kit using acrylic paint, then did the panel lining with Enamel paint, and using a cottonball stick w/ Enamel thinner to make those smear marks over the panel lines.

    Love your blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks! I would have loved to have seen the process for it. Really I wish there was some type of seminar or something that I could go to! LOL

    ReplyDelete