Sunday, March 8, 2009

MSN-06S Sinanju - Work Log 12 - Waist/Skirt section complete

I did a bit of unnecessary work as usual. I don't know what possessed me to paint the inside of the skirts but I did. It'll probably never been seen but... I just couldn't let all that beautiful mechanical detail go to waste. At least it will be seen in these pics. Thrusters were done in gunmetal as usual. Used my gf's suggestion for the tubing and put them all on a string this time and sprayed it that way. WAY better then painting them by hand like I did before. I found the tubing process to be kind of enjoyable actually. I liked how they worked with the springs and the resulting look after. This part required many touch ups. But my gf gave me the nicest comment anyone could have said to me. She said "Hard to believe it was all red before".






Also... yesterday I reserved my PG Red Astay so I'm getting the clear parts and extra sword. I SHOULD be at least. They also had 2 PG Astray's displayed at my local shop so I took another look at it when I was there. Quite bulky. Significantly different from the PG Strike in looks alone which is enough for me. The clerk said I could come before the release date on the 27th and pick it up on the evening of the 25th. I might just do that.
*edit* - I uploaded these pics to imageshack because of the ease in getting the htlm code for a large # of pics at one time. However after formatting some things seemed to have messed up and large images can't be displayed for all the pics. I will upload all these pics to my flickr in the future so you can see all the details later. Either that or I'll fix the code here. Whatever happens first.

3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! What more can I say? :)

    I tip my hat to you for all the effort you are willing to put into Sinanju. The gold trim is coming out VERY smooth :D. Top coat will only make it that much sweeter looking. Your Sinanju is beginning to remind me of the Gold Ranger ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta give props to anyone that details inner armour that won't likely be seen. Dedication. Always thought that was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. z - gold ranger! haha i forgot about that! my impulse is probably more like him because of the white. thanks for the comments. your sinanju was quite impressive as well.

    tonzo - yeah sometimes i ask myself 'why are you doing this?' and the answer is... 'just because i can'. its hard to stop myself sometimes.

    ReplyDelete