Tuesday, January 20, 2009

MG Sinanju - How to use Gundam markers for the detailling


1
Originally uploaded by Busterbeam

This is essentially the technique that I settled on and this is almost EXACTLY how I'm doing it. A couple of differences is that I don't paint directly on the part with the marker. I put some of the paint out and then paint it by hand with a fine brush. I'm just a bit worried about spillage but... I suppose this technique would work too. I scrape off the excess with a knife as shown here and I also use my Gundam Pen to do a bit of re colouring on the edges and grooves. I don't use the Real Touch one as is shown here. I want something a bit more precise. I don't have a black Real Touch marker otherwise I might give it a shot.

11 comments:

  1. I might have to try this method once I get my sinanju...

    ReplyDelete
  2. im probably gonna do da same method to make da gold emblems since i dont like da foil stickers and decals btw dis is asian1skill

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey J thats for stopping by. sorry the place is kinda dirty right now haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Either my paint sucks (and so do I) or they are just that good. From the scans, the way the paint looks on the piece is as smooth as the foil sticker! I just got done with the shield (with the same exact method) before coming across your scan so I know it's not as simple and easy as it seems in the pic ^^;;

    ReplyDelete
  5. no it isnt at all. we both ended up doing it this way. probably for the best i think. even though i got my kit before you it looks like you're going to finish before me! ah! oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its alrite btw nice layout

    J

    ReplyDelete
  7. is that a dark gray real touch marker?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What number black is?
    The closest one that I can found is GM 406 and that is a dark gray..

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh you maybe right actually! Not that I think about it im not sure that they actually MAKE black gundam markers like that. I've only ever seen the ones for panel lines, but not the ones shown in the pictures. sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey dont worry about it.. hahha.. Thanks for the reply though..

    ReplyDelete